On 12/5/2018 Joe Reilly was honored as a Business Leader of the Year by Space Coast Business magazine, a trusted voice for the Florida business community.
MELBOURNE, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES, December 6, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Drug testing industry veteran, Joe Reilly, President of National Drug Screening, was honored on December 5, 2018 as a Business Leader of the Year by Space Coast Business magazine, a trusted voice for the Brevard County, Florida thriving business community. Joe was delighted to receive the Simpkins Entrepreneurial Award spotlighting his business passion, skills development, leveraging of experience and opportunistic thinking. This month Reilly celebrates 25 years in the drug & alcohol testing industry.
In late 1993, Joe Reilly saw an opportunity that has turned into a successful nationwide business. Employers were looking to drug test employees and in Florida this enabled companies to save 5% on workers comp insurance premiums. A few months later, Reilly learned that the United States Department of Transportation required drug & alcohol testing of transportation related private companies providing another opportunity.
Reilly’s Brevard County, Florida based business grew to service employers and individuals for drug testing services in all areas the United States including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. In 2018 Reilly sold Florida Drug Screening to embark on more industry consulting opportunities. Later this month Joe Reilly celebrates 25 years in the drug and alcohol industry.
Based in Melbourne, Florida Joe’s newest company, National Drug Screening, has grown from 3 employees in 2013 to 18 employees as of the close of 2018. The company is recognized by the drug testing industry association (DATIA) as Nationally Accredited for Administration of Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs (NAADATP). The team at National Drug Screening helps employers implement and maintain comprehensive drug free workplace programs in compliance with industry best practices, Federal and State laws and regulations.
Known throughout the United States as an expert in the drug testing industry, Joe is in demand as an expert witness.
He has provided consulting, speaking engagements and training programs for many organizations including the US Small Business Administration (SBA), the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), the US Department of Education, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Washington DC Department of Public Works, the Florida Office of Drug Control, the Florida Department of Corrections, the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA), the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), the Florida Trucking Association, Florida Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) and numerous Chambers of Commerce and business associations.
Some other highlights of Joe’s interesting career include:
• Recipient of a US Small Business Administration (SBA) grant to help small businesses implement drug free workplace programs
• Recipient of US Department of Education grant to help private and public schools implement student drug testing programs
• October 2004 – featured in Florida Trend magazine as head cheerleader for drug testing
• In 2004 appointed by James McDonough, State of Florida, Governor’s Office of Drug Control to serve on the Drug Free Workplace task force.
• 2003 – Traveled to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to help implement a drug testing program and collector training courses for employees
• 2003 – 2005 – Provided oversight, training and auditing for urine specimen collections for Major League Baseball and Minor League Baseball drug testing and steroid testing national programs.
• Member of SAPAA – The Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association – Promotes standards in the administration of workplace substance abuse prevention programs through education and training
• Member of NDASA – National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association advocating for safe and drug-free workplaces and communities through legislative advocacy, education, training and excellence in drug and alcohol testing services
• Master Trainer and Regional Trainer (M-CPCT and R-CPCT) – Drug & Alcohol Industry Testing Industry Association (DATIA) instructor for Certified Professional Collector Training Program (CPCT)
• Master Trainer – Breath Alcohol Testing – Evidential Breath Alcohol Testing, DOT and Non DOT – Certified as a Master Trainer for Lifeloc Phoenix 6.0 and EV 30 Evidential Breath Alcohol Testing devices
• Past President of the Palm Bay Rotary Club, Past Board member of the Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce
• Current member of the Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce; past board member and also member of numerous other chambers of commerce
• September, 2018 – Traveled to Dublin, Ireland as a participant in the International Forum for Drug and Alcohol Testing (IFDAT)
• 20 + year member of the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA)
• National course instructor for DATIA industry training courses – In’s & Outs of Drug Testing, Reasonable Suspicion Supervisor Training, Designated Employer Representative (DER) training and DOT urine specimen collector training.
• May, 2004 received DATIA’s Public Awareness Award
• June, 2015 received DATIA Top Entrepreneur award
• Served for over 12 years as board member for the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA)
Joe also served 2004 to 2008 as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) – the national trade organization for the drug testing industry. Based in Washington, DC; the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) was founded in 1995 and represents the entire spectrum of drug and alcohol service providers including collection sites, laboratories, consortiums/TPAs, MROs, and testing equipment manufacturers. DATIA has over 1500 members nationwide and ensures that the industry's voice is heard by key policymakers in Congress and Federal Agencies.
Joe Reilly is currently President of National Drug Screening a nationwide provider of drug testing services, drug testing software, medical review officer services (MRO), consulting and training. Joe has provided community service to both his local community and nationally to the drug testing industry. Born and raised in New York City, Joe now resides in Indian Harbour Beach, Florida with his wife Robin. Joe graduated in 1979 from Manhattan College, Bronx, NY with a Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) with majors in Accounting and Marketing.
Source: EIN Presswire