CUPETINO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES, December 15, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ —
San Jose, CA June 15, 2017 – Beyond Security, a leading provider for automated security testing solutions including vulnerability management announced their cyber security predictions for 2018.
“Beyond Security has been on the frontlines of detecting, assessing and managing security vulnerabilities since 1999. Our groundbreaking work in discovering hundreds of zero-day threats and bringing that knowledge to help tens of thousands of customers worldwide has given us a unique perspective on cybersecurity trends, said Hamid Karimi, VP of Business Development and a cyber security expert for Beyond Security. “Our experience shows that companies must focus first on their specific business model and look for ways to mitigate relevant risks as opposed to deploying cumbersome and complex solutions that add to the security management overhead with unintended consequences” he added.
Following are the top six predictions by the cyber security experts at Beyond Security.
– Application security will be front and center. The computing industry goes through cyclical adoption of competing core principles. We are at the rising edge of return to securing applications instead of building complex, expensive and often inefficient perimeter defenses. Application security, therefore, will become an essential part of SecOps with a direct link to the modern DevOps.
– AI and machine learning continue to be trendy terms in security. For years, AI will be nothing more than rudimentary analysis of machine-generated data to track attack patterns and predict the next stage of a sophisticated breach attempt. We are still at the mercy of “man” to interpret machine data in a meaningful way since the volume of false positives and false negatives is still unacceptable and non-actionable. Like other areas of security, AI is a tool that can and will be exploited by the cyberspace dark forces.
– IoT space gets even messier before it adopts a common framework. Given the difficulty of managing IoT sensors in the absence of standards, most solutions remain proprietary and geared toward solving very purpose-driven functions. Expect proliferating worms to infiltrate many IoT deployments, given the limited computing power of sensors.
– Cloud Security as a service will offer a framework for more secure cloud computing. As adoption of public cloud system increases and more companies trust the cloud externalization model, security will eventually become an integrated component of this model. Many vendors shall attempt to make security, integrated and transparent to the process
– Data breaches will continue to haunt consumers. Attackers will chase valuable data and seek the weakest defenses. Since a lot of organizations have abdicated their role as the custodian of customer data, expect more high-profile disclosures in 2018 which in turn forces the legislative branch to mandate specific safeguards like The PATCH Act.
– Compliance will assume center stage with the consummation of GDPR and similar regulations across advanced economies. Let’s not forget that maintaining an up-to-date software library is an internal compliance issue which is the cornerstone of inherent trust that users (internal and external) have in their service and technology providers.
“We live in a connected universe where Cyberspace offers both the promise of productivity and utility of abuse, said Aviram Jenik, CEO of Beyond Security. “The security needs of all organizations are unique, all Internet facing entities need to make certain they meet an acceptable defense baseline. Potential intruders always look for the softest targets first and in the crowded cyberspace, a few smart moves can take you off their radar” he stated.
Beyond Security is a leading worldwide security solutions provider. It’s testing tools accurately assess and manage security weaknesses in networks, applications, industrial systems and networked software. Beyond Security’s product lines include, AVDS for network vulnerability management and for software security testing beSTORM and beSOURCE, which can help secure network and applications and comply with the security policy requirements that exceeds industry and government standards.
Founded in 1999, Beyond Security's solutions are essential components in the risk management program for many organizations worldwide. With the headquarters located in Cupertino, California, Beyond Security's distributors and resellers can be found in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
For more information, please contact – Sonia Awan at 747-254-5705 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit us at www.beyondsecurity.com.
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire